Charle is originally from New Jersey and is of English and Danish descent. Her parents did a lot of traveling to exotic places in the tropics. Her Danish grandparents had a beautiful, isolated ranch on the Pacific coast of Panama. It was there that Charle was fortunate enough to have spent most of her summers until the age of sixteen. It was probably there that she developed her great love of nature, animals and the outdoors.
Having always known that she wanted to study art, Charle headed out to San Francisco at the age of 19 to study at the San Francisco Academy of Art College. Her training there mainly focused on illustration. She was lucky enough to end up in England, studying with the Royal portrait painters, Leonard and Margaret Boden. This was a two year experience that convinced her that she wanted to pursue the life of a painter. Returning to the San Francisco area, she began as a portrait painter around 1975. It wasn't long, though, before the beautiful, rolling hills of California caught her attention. Ever since then, Charle has been most known for her soft and impressionistic landscapes of California and Hawaii. She currently works in acrylic, pastel, digital media, and has become an accomplished web designer.
On many occasion Charle has been known to say that we all need to do more to preserve this beautiful earth we live in. We need to do whatever we can to protect wildlife and keep our beautiful, wild, open spaces undisturbed for all to enjoy.
Over the past 30 years, Charle's work has been acclaimed by many private collectors, and she has exhibited her work in many of the best galleries in Carmel and San Francisco, California. She has also had exhibitions in Hawaii.
- New Masters Gallery, Carmel, CA
- Preston Gallery, Sausalito, CA
- Ingrid’s Sunbird Gallery, Lost Altos, CA
- Gallery San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Alexander’s Fine Arts, Sutter Creek, CA
- Al Lagunero Gallery, Lahaina, Maui, HI
- Lindsey Gallery, Carmel, CA
- Art About Gallery, Santa Cruz, CA
- Greenleaf Gallery, Saratoga, CA
- Nortstrom's, California
- Gateway Gallery, Carmel, CA
- Michael’s Gallery, Los Altos, CA
- New Western Front Gallery, Mill Valley, CA
- Coast Gallery, Wailea, Maui, HI